Tuesday, May 15, 2012

i

And here it is! My first-year film at CalArts, i.



I'm very proud of it, and happy to have a new film to show around. I'll be leaving it up for about a month, since these days ya can't really trust the internet with creative goods. But I hope you enjoy it and share it 'round for now, because that's what it's all about! I'm hoping to submit to several festivals, however, as well as continue making dance/animation collaborations, so this isn't the last you'll see of this. Promise!

And here are a few fun pictures of the process:

Shooting the dance sequence back in March with the lovely dancer, Yanina, and my super-helpful classmate Eben trying to work a steady cam device. (It didn't work. Thank goodness for tripods.)

Paper, paper, paper. Working on the animation. (picture by Amanda Candler)
Referencing the dance footage on my computer/eating my headphones. (picture by Amanda Candler)

 Actually working. (picture by Amanda Candler)

The final stack: 1960 drawings. Sorry, environment. And hand.

And that's that. I hope you enjoy the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment